What I use?
I'm giving a talk on Monday where I think I’ll need to tell people what I use. So rather than put it on a PowerPoint slide, I’m putting it on the web. Because I like the web.
- MongoDB, in Atlas, on AWS.
- MySQL, on Azure.
- MongoDB Compass and Navicat to manage my databases.
- Hosted on a small hosting service in Leeds. (no React, no WordPress, no Angular etc…)
- Developed mostly in Brackets by Adobe.
- ASP.NET (C#), hosted on Azure Web Apps.
- PHP for some basic APIs.
- PhoneGap by Adobe.
- Developed separately for iOS and Android using Android Studio and XCode, but with a common codebase.
- Plugins for notifications, calendar access, etc…
Data processing and Machine-learning
- EmEditor (powerful text editor).
- C# (.NET Core 2).
- Lots of other packages from NuGET (CSVHelper, MongoDB driver, DotSpatial, NewtonSoft JSON)
- Visual Studio 2017.
- Office 365
- Photoshop Elements
- XPS13 Q9360 laptop, 4 cores, 16GB RAM, Windows 10.
- Azure Virtual Machine, flexible size (up to 8 cores, 32GB RAM), Windows 10.
- Azure Web Apps (Windows 10) for recurring tasks.